|Prof. Mädche||Carl Heckmann|
German utilities and Stadtwerke experience increasing cost pressure: Increasing competition, challenges in the energy transition as well as efficiency requirements from the regulating agency lead to increasing awareness for process efficiency.
Today, service-level-agreements (SLA) between billing service providers – internally or externally – and sales organizations or distribution system operators (DSO) only allow to differentiate between customer- or product groups in few cases.
Here utilities face the following question: What are current market-standards for service level agreements in the German utilities industry?
The research group Information System and Service Design of Prof. Mädche at the Institute for Enterprise Systems (InES), University of Mannheim and the Karlsruhe Service Research Institute (KSRI) at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) start a benchmark to systematically collect KPIs that are defined as SLAs. Furthermore an online-tool allows participants to interactively compare their values against the other participants.
Business processes are classified using the BEMD Standard Service Catalog for Service and Billing Processes in the Energy Sector (Link) that was developed by the German Association of Energy Service Providers (BEMD).
Companies benefit from participation in the benchmark in various ways:
- Benchmark of a single business process within 10 minutes.
- Benchmark of all business processes within the company.
- Comparison within and across market roles.
- Comparison of implemented IT-solutions along the dimension efficiency/standardization and flexibility/differentiation.
- Interactive and comprehensive benchmark report.
- Free-of-charge, anonymized and scientifically grounded.
Interested in Participating? Request access for your company today.In case of questions feel free to contact the project team.