Digital services represent a specific category of services that leverage information & communication technology in the service delivery process. In the Digital Service Design Seminar, teams of students address a real-world service design challenge of one of our industry partners (e.g., BASF). Therefore, students learn and apply digital service design techniques to address the problem and leverage UX tools for developing an innovative prototype (e.g., Adobe XD, Axure RP).
The students will:
- explore a real-world digital service design challenge
- understand the human-centered design process and apply selected design techniques & tools
- deliver a digital service prototype as a potential solution for the challenge
- Date: 02.05.2019, Time: 13:00-14:30, Place: KD²Lab Fritz-Erler-Straße 1 - 3, Topic: Introduction session and introduction of industry partners
- Date: 27.05.2019, Time: 13:30-15:30, Place: IISM Room 281, Fritz-Erler-Straße 23 , Topic: Intermediate presentation
- Date: 25.06.2019, Time: 13:00-16:00, Place: KD²Lab Fritz-Erler-Straße 1 - 3, Topic: Final presentation
Course GradingThe grading of the seminar will be based on the deliverable created by the design teams and students’ interactive discussions within the course. We offer the Practical Seminar as Seminar (3 ECTS) in SS2019.
Students will be provided with all necessary materials before each session. Therefore, the material will be uploaded in the ILIAS Portal. Readings are available through the university’s electronic library resources or via the Internet. The materials to be used in this class provides students with both content and background for the topics introduced and discussed in the course.
For submission of materials and organizational questions please contact Jasper Feine.