Digital services play a central role in the digital economy and society. In the future, we expect that the amount of devices connected to the Internet will grow exponentially and enable the creation of even more advanced digital services in all areas of business and life.
User-centricity, agility, cross-functionality, data-centricity, and value-orientation are important principles for digital service providers. Thus, in order to successfully deliver digital services, providers are faced with various challenges. Thus, research is required in order to extend or adapt established approaches for the design and development of hardware and software.
In this research department, we investigate processes, methods and tools for the innovation and design of digital services. We investigate the entire digital service lifecycle ranging from strategy, discovery and innovation, design and development, transition, to operations.
Head of Area
|Prof. Dr. Alexander Mädche
Phone: +49 721 608-41580
+49 721 608-41583
+49 721 608-41586
Areas of Research
- Methods and Techniques for Service Design and User-Centered Design
- Method- and Tool-support for Requirements Elicitation
- Usability & User Experience Engineering
- Agile Development of Software and Digital Services
- Data-Driven Process Transformation
- Digital Business Models
- Design Science Research
- Behavioral experiments in the lab, the field, and online
- Qualitative research methods
- Literature reviews
- Decision Support for Design Techniques Selection (ServiceDesignKIT)
- Boundary-Spanning Conversational Requirements Elicitation Systems
- Decision Support for Data-Driven Process Standardization
Selected Cooperation Partners